New Zealanders have a huge selection of different bookmakers to choose from, and there are countless choices on the internet that anyone can have a look at. Despite this, it’s almost always best to find a reputable bookie that offers a multitude of secure services, including betting on different sports, access to betting markets, and constant updates. With this in mind, there are few bookmakers within Australia and New Zealand that are quite as popular as Crownbet, and it remains as one of the most enjoyed bookies in the Oceanic region.
Before signing up with Crownbet, bettors are recommended to take the time and learn about the site, what it offers, and how it can benefit the average bettor. This Crownbet review will help you decided whether the bookmaker is worth visiting or not.
A Brief History of Crownbet
Licensed within the Northern Australian Territories, Crownbet first started out as Betezy, mainly focused within Australia. Betezy was created in 2005 during the period when online betting was beginning to take off around the world, and with the relaxed gambling laws within Australia, it was the perfect time for a new bookmaker to join the market. While the company has had a few issues with the government, including coming under investigation by its licence distributor, now days the bookie maintains a clean record.
Crownbet has been owned by a number of different people and companies, and it was only in March 2015 that the bookie was finally named Crownbet, after Crown Resorts bought out two-thirds of the company, and has remained with the name to this day. While the Crownbet sportsbook is mainly aimed at Australian bettors, those bettors from New Zealand are also welcome, and can make full use of the Crownbet sportsbook.
Being a leading bookmaker within Australia, Crownbet has a full range of modern services aimed to aid bettors in betting online.
- New members receive a $150 bonus after depositing a minimum of $50 initially. This does not apply to all regions.
- Accepts most deposit methods, including credit cards, e-wallets, bank transfer, POLi, and cheque.
- Withdrawals can be made with e-wallets and bank wires.
- Crownbet accepts only Australian dollars, and offers its services in English.
- The bookmaker has a selection of mobile apps available for mobile betting
- Offers full support, including email, live chat, phone, and fax.
Benefits of Crownbet
When looking for an Australian bookmaker to join, there are some things bettors may need to consider to help them decide. The advantages included in this Crownbet Review can make that decision easier.
- Australian owned
- Frequent promotions
- Mobile support
- Intuitive interface for betting
- Full banking support for various methods
- Minimum wager of $0.01
- Appealing sign-up bonus
On the other hand, Crownbet is not devoid of its disadvantages, although there are not many.
- Higher than average margins
- Extremely limited help and about sections
- The right to close or limit accounts without notice
Crownbet, although having some problems in the past, has grown to be a professional-level bookmaker and the go-to for many bettors throughout Australia and New Zealand. Crownbet in NZ in particular is recommended to check out, as it may just have everything New Zealand bettors may need to get started.