What Are The Best Sports To Bet On?
Sports betting has, over the years, become a favourite pastime for millions for punters all over the years, and has recently seen a massive spike in popularity in New Zealand. There are a few reasons for this, but for the most part, it has been because it’s now easier than ever to bet on your favourite sports. Bookmakers have shifted to the online market in the last decade, and where at once stage you had to seek a bookie out to make a bet, you can now instead simply load up the website of your choice and start betting to your heart’s content.
This has opened up an entirely new avenue of betting in New Zealand, and it has been met with massive acclaim for many that were not able to bet beforehand. The biggest problem that new punters may face today is the amount of choice as there are dozens of different sports to choose from that are all worth betting on. With that in mind, these are some of the most popular betting sports in the world at the moment:
|5/5||100% Match up to $250 NZD|| Bet now|
|4.9/5||100% Match|| Bet now|
|4.8/5||Login to see promotions|| Bet now|
The Most Popular Betting Sports
- Soccer: The reigning leader when it comes to popularity, soccer now has a following of billions, and is enjoyed throughout the world. International soccer events are held every year, or every few years, depending on the event, making it the perfect sport for new punters to get involved in. This is made even easier thanks to bookmakers covering just about every facet of soccer available.
- Tennis: Second only to soccer, tennis has seen a massive surge in followers as online betting has become more available. Bookies from all over the world, but especially in the United Kingdom offer punters a wide variety of bets that can be taken out on tennis tournaments.
- Cricket: Cricket is one of the oldest sports in the modern world, and gained prominence in many of the former British colonies. Today, cricket has a massive fan-base that numbers in the billions, and an extremely popular betting scene. Getting into cricket betting is also relatively easy, especially if you are from New Zealand.
- Boxing: There are few other sports that incorporate both grace and ferocity the same way boxing does, and because of this, it has become a favourite among punters. Boxing has also become an internationally recognised sport, meaning it’s easy to find a bookie that covers the various boxing events that take place across the globe every year.
- Formula 1: Unique in this list due to the fact that this sport pits machine against machine, and is therefore also the fastest sport available. Formula 1 is the most enjoyed racing sport in the world, and has an extremely large betting industry behind it.
- Basketball: While many may think that basketball is almost exclusive to the United States, the fact of the matter is that it has become popular in countries all over the planet. The speed of the sport makes it popular among bettors, and it’s worth looking into if you want a fast-paced sport to wager on.
These are just some of the sports that are on offer when it comes to betting, and thanks to how widespread the Internet has become, it’s easier than ever to bet on your favourite sport from the comfort of your own home.