Andy Murray To Skip US Open Singles
Andy Murray has ruled out the chance of playing singles at the US Open, saying that it could take up to 18 months until he was feeling well enough to head back into a singles match. The 32-year-old Scottish player has hinted that his successful hip surgery, along with his recent entry into the doubles at Wimbledon could mean that he could make an appearance at the season’s final Grand Slam event that will take place at the end of the year.
Despite reaching the third round with Serena Williams for the mixed doubles, the former world number one has stated that he would be returning to New York for singles where he won his very first Slam back in 2012. Talking about his decision, he told reporters that he felt that it’s unlikely in terms of timing, and that a lot of stuff needs to first be done physically and to get himself stronger. Murray’s rankings on the world roster have dropped significantly in recent years, and he is now sitting at 227th in the world.
He continued by saying that the amount of work he needs to do to get ready for the singles as well as the work he needs to do to get back on the court at all is still quite far away. His most recent singles match took place at the Australian Open earlier this year, where he lost in the first round to Roberto Bautista Agut.
TOP online betting SITESMarch 2023
| ||5/5||100% Match up to $250 NZD|| Bet now|
| ||4.9/5||100% Match|| Bet now|
| ||4.8/5||Login to see promotions|| Bet now|
Trent Wilson is OnlineBetting.nz’s resident sports news expert. He draws on his extensive sporting knowledge, his qualification in sports management and his passion for betting to provide the latest, most up to date information on sporting events in New Zealand and across the globe. Trent is a veritable treasure trove of sports information and has been betting online for several years. He prides himself in keeping his readers informed, and in always offering an unbiased standpoint that reflects exactly what’s going on in the sports world. View Posts - Visit Website
You May Also Like:
Aussie tennis legend Todd Woodbridge has referred to the Davis Cup as a “disgrace”. Woodbridge’s comments came following drama surrounding a controversial decision over which country will be replacing Russia in this year’s finals. Following the recent expulsion of Russia after the country’s invasion of Ukraine, the decision was made ….
With the Dubai Championships in full swing in the UAE, former champion Andy Murray will have to hold out a little longer for his 700th career win. Murray recently suffered a straight-sets defeat at the hands of Italy’s Jannik Sinner, while world No. 1 Novak Djokovic reached the quarter finals ….
World No. 1 Novak Djokovic is officially back in action following his controversy-fuelled deportation from Australia in January. Djokovic on Monday reached the second round of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships when he beat wildcard entry Lorenzo Musetti 6-3, 6-3. The victory marked the Serb’s first match of 2022. ….
Tennis world No. 1 Novak Djokovic, who has declared himself willing to miss out on future Grand Slams because of his vaccination status, could be permitted to compete in this year’s Italian Open in Rome. Italy’s cabinet secretary for sports, Valentina Vezzali, announced this week that the Serbian will be ….
Tennis world No. 1 Novak Djokovic has now declared himself willing to forfeit the chance to be crowned the sport’s GOAT – as well as winning any further Grand Slam titles. Speaking to a prominent English news broadcaster this week, the Serb said while he did not wish to be ….