With the 2022 Australian Open now less than a week away, fans have been informed that crowds will be capped at 50 per cent capacity following a new surge in infections.
Tickets already sold will be honored, confirmed a spokesperson for the Victorian government. Ground pass access will also remain unchanged. However, sessions not yet sold to more than half of the usual capacity will be limited.
According to government’s statement, all fans and support staff will be required to wear their face masks at all times. The only exception will be when eating and drinking. The event will be hosted in accordance with Victoria State’s current health and safety mandates, confirmed the statement.
Further measures include a limit of one person per every two square meters for all activities related to indoor dining and hospitality, as well as the installation of HEPA filters following an assessment of the venue. This will be done so as to improve ventilation for indoor areas.
The safety protocols are intended to protect fans, players, and support staff attending this year’s Grand Slam event, said Jaala Pulford, who is the acting minister for tourism, sport, and major events. Jaala said owing to the measures, fans can now look forward to a safe event as they enjoy the country’s event capital.
Last year’s competition was also played in front of a limited number of fans.
Defending champion Novak Djokovic, meanwhile, continues to await his fate regarding a possible deportation.
TOP online betting SITESMarch 2023
| ||5/5||100% Match up to $250 NZD|| Bet now|
| ||4.9/5||100% Match|| Bet now|
| ||4.8/5||Login to see promotions|| Bet now|
Trent Wilson is OnlineBetting.nz’s resident sports news expert. He draws on his extensive sporting knowledge, his qualification in sports management and his passion for betting to provide the latest, most up to date information on sporting events in New Zealand and across the globe. Trent is a veritable treasure trove of sports information and has been betting online for several years. He prides himself in keeping his readers informed, and in always offering an unbiased standpoint that reflects exactly what’s going on in the sports world. View Posts - Visit Website
You May Also Like:
Aussie tennis legend Todd Woodbridge has referred to the Davis Cup as a “disgrace”. Woodbridge’s comments came following drama surrounding a controversial decision over which country will be replacing Russia in this year’s finals. Following the recent expulsion of Russia after the country’s invasion of Ukraine, the decision was made ….
With the Dubai Championships in full swing in the UAE, former champion Andy Murray will have to hold out a little longer for his 700th career win. Murray recently suffered a straight-sets defeat at the hands of Italy’s Jannik Sinner, while world No. 1 Novak Djokovic reached the quarter finals ….
World No. 1 Novak Djokovic is officially back in action following his controversy-fuelled deportation from Australia in January. Djokovic on Monday reached the second round of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships when he beat wildcard entry Lorenzo Musetti 6-3, 6-3. The victory marked the Serb’s first match of 2022. ….
Tennis world No. 1 Novak Djokovic, who has declared himself willing to miss out on future Grand Slams because of his vaccination status, could be permitted to compete in this year’s Italian Open in Rome. Italy’s cabinet secretary for sports, Valentina Vezzali, announced this week that the Serbian will be ….
Tennis world No. 1 Novak Djokovic has now declared himself willing to forfeit the chance to be crowned the sport’s GOAT – as well as winning any further Grand Slam titles. Speaking to a prominent English news broadcaster this week, the Serb said while he did not wish to be ….