Nick Kyrgios Issued 16 Week Ban
Nick Kyrgios has been issued a 16-week ban, along with a $25000 fine for his aggravated behaviour, and is subjected to a six month probationary period. The Australian smashed two Racquets in an outburst of anger at the Cincinnati Masters after he lost to Karen Khachanov in August earlier this year. He was then fined a total of $113,000 for five separate offences. Despite this, an ATP investigation determined that the player’s pattern of behaviour over the last 12 months was in violation of the code of the governing body.
Both the suspension and the fine will be triggered if the 24 year old does not comply with certain conditions that have been lain out, which includes avoiding any further code violations that incur a crime. Taking to social media, the player told his fans that he can still play but that he was on probation, adding that he needs to keep a lid on his behaviour and nothing more.
At the end of August, Kyrgios had been warned by umpire James Keothavong for his conduct during the US Open first round match, and then later when asked about his fine in Cincinnati, stated that the ATP was corrupt. He then went on to clarify those comments, saying that it was not the correct choice of words, but did maintain that the ATP was guilty of double standards. Another investigation into the comments found that no violation had occurred on his behalf.
TOP online betting SITESMarch 2023
| ||5/5||100% Match up to $250 NZD|| Bet now|
| ||4.9/5||100% Match|| Bet now|
| ||4.8/5||Login to see promotions|| Bet now|
Trent Wilson is OnlineBetting.nz’s resident sports news expert. He draws on his extensive sporting knowledge, his qualification in sports management and his passion for betting to provide the latest, most up to date information on sporting events in New Zealand and across the globe. Trent is a veritable treasure trove of sports information and has been betting online for several years. He prides himself in keeping his readers informed, and in always offering an unbiased standpoint that reflects exactly what’s going on in the sports world. View Posts - Visit Website
You May Also Like:
Aussie tennis legend Todd Woodbridge has referred to the Davis Cup as a “disgrace”. Woodbridge’s comments came following drama surrounding a controversial decision over which country will be replacing Russia in this year’s finals. Following the recent expulsion of Russia after the country’s invasion of Ukraine, the decision was made ….
With the Dubai Championships in full swing in the UAE, former champion Andy Murray will have to hold out a little longer for his 700th career win. Murray recently suffered a straight-sets defeat at the hands of Italy’s Jannik Sinner, while world No. 1 Novak Djokovic reached the quarter finals ….
World No. 1 Novak Djokovic is officially back in action following his controversy-fuelled deportation from Australia in January. Djokovic on Monday reached the second round of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships when he beat wildcard entry Lorenzo Musetti 6-3, 6-3. The victory marked the Serb’s first match of 2022. ….
Tennis world No. 1 Novak Djokovic, who has declared himself willing to miss out on future Grand Slams because of his vaccination status, could be permitted to compete in this year’s Italian Open in Rome. Italy’s cabinet secretary for sports, Valentina Vezzali, announced this week that the Serbian will be ….
Tennis world No. 1 Novak Djokovic has now declared himself willing to forfeit the chance to be crowned the sport’s GOAT – as well as winning any further Grand Slam titles. Speaking to a prominent English news broadcaster this week, the Serb said while he did not wish to be ….